Local businesses and organizations enjoy many benefits to belonging to the Lopez Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber publishes the Map and Guide to Lopez Island and hosts many activities throughout the year. Members are also listed on our website, which has very high traffic from people searching for businesses or activities on Lopez Island. For more information, please contact one of the members of the Chamber's Board.
We would like to share with you some of what the Chamber does to support our members and why your membership is important to us.
- Maintain and staff an office to assist visitors and support our membership.
Please feel free to make your brochures available in the office for our walk in visitors.
- Produce and distribute the Map & Guide of Lopez Island (print 22,000)
- Produce and distribute the Lopez Village Map
- Produce and distribute a Service Directory
- Maintain a comprehensive website and a database for our membership, which is heavily visited by internet users. Our website links to your business website and to the Service Directory PDF.
- Send out a bi-weekly email newsletter with current events and member announcements to our members and a large group of non-member subscribers.
- Maintain an online Community Calendar of events.
- Provide a community bulletin board at Lopez Village Market
- Provide a link to the San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau, which is the County's tourism entity, and maintain a working relationship with Orcas and San Juan Chambers.
- Maintain and manage the grounds, shower and restrooms in the Village Park from April 1 to November 1. This includes providing recycle and trash bins.
- Sponsor and put on 3 community events during the year :
- Tour De Lopez – This popular bike ride brings in thousands of dollars to the Chamber budget in a weekend and the entire business community benefits throughout the year.
- 4th of July – The Chamber helps sell fireworks apparel in the Chamber office and assists in collecting
donations for our fabulous fireworks.
- Village Lighting - The Village Park and Ferry Landing are brightly decorated just before Thanksgiving. Then, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, the community gathers in the Village to watch the lights come on.
Your all-volunteer Chamber Board members meet once a month and are the backbone of all the responsibilities listed above. Each board member puts in at least 50 hours per year with a few members putting in hundreds of hours. We need the support and help from more of our members to continue and to move forward with other needs. Please consider getting involved on a committee or project.
The Lopez Island Chamber of Commerce is a 501© (6) Not for Profit Corporation. Most expenses are deductible
as business expenses, but are not considered charitable contributions. We are a volunteer organization
dedicated to strengthening the businesses in our community. We need you to participate today!!
For Members Only:
Submit a notice for your business to be included in the "LOPEZ LIST" regular bi-weekly emails to members as well as residents and visitors who have subscribed to our list. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
We have spruced up our directory listings with business logos. To add your logo or photo, submit an image file (.jpg or .gif) to Ann at email@example.com. Images used will be no more than 125 x 125 pixels. If you don't know how to resize it, send it anyway and she'll do it.
We also providce a printed Island Services Directory, also available online as a PDF- you can be listed for a reduced membership fee. See the membership materials listed below.
To subscribe to the "Lopez List" bi-weekly notices: Sign up now.